The following is reference information for Camp Sunnah 2022.
Date of Camp: Aug. 18th – Aug. 23rd, 2022
Location: SouthWest of Calgary, near Crowsnest Pass
Transportation: Transportation to and returning from the camp will be provided from Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Saskatoon. Provided transportation must be used. Details for drop-off/pick-up locations and times will be provided by Regional Representatives.
- BC Campers – Br. Shaheer Muhammad: (778) 709-7355
- AB/SK Campers – Dr. Omar Schindel: (306) 717-7128
- SK Campers – Br. Abdirahman Ali Khalif: (306) 850-0721
As a reminder, please ensure you re-read the Terms and Conditions of the Camp.
- Sleeping bag (or blanket and bed sheet) and pillow
- Toiletries (e.g., toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Indoor footwear (e.g., sandals, slippers)
- Outdoor footwear (runners)
- Clothing for 5 days (including athletic and sleep wear). Halal swim wear (for brothers only)
- Jacket and other rain gear (e.g., poncho)
- Mosquito Repellent
- Sunscreen (suggested SPF 30 or higher)
- Some warm clothes such as sweaters, hoodies, jackets, etc.
- Trail Mix
- Earplugs (for all of you light sleepers!)
- A small amount of healthy snacks and/or money for snacks for travelling to and from camp.
- A valid photo/government ID (will be required to gain admittance on transportation).
Note: Pack light and smart, space on the bus is LIMITED! Only ONE bag person will be allowed.
ITEMS NOT TO BRING:
- Cell phones are prohibited from being used at the camp. Contact numbers will be provided that can be used to get a hold of you in an emergency.
- Cameras and audio recording devices are not permitted in the camp.
- MP3 Players, Smartwatches, Tablets, and Laptops are not permitted in the camp.
NYM Ink and Camp Sunnah staff are in no way responsible or liable for any items you bring to the camp. This includes items that are lost, damaged or stolen. Please do not bring anything expensive or of value to the camp.